To get a Maine Passport, you can use any of the Maine local passport acceptance agent offices.
Passport acceptance agent offices in Maine are generally located in local post offices, City clerk and County clerk offices, public libraries, and some other ME public buildings.
There are 68 Maine Passport acceptance agent office locations across 16 counties.
Generally acceptance agent office facilities in Maine require you to make an appointment. So please call and book an appointment before visiting.
Maine Passport Guidance:
The average processing time for a new passport application through an acceptance facility in Maine is an estimated 4 to 6 weeks. Alternatively the estimated time for an expedited application in Maine is 2 to 3 weeks.
It is possible to get a quicker turnaround if you go to a regional passport office in Maine, there are no regional passport offices in Maine state, there are 28 regional passport offices in the United States in total. Appointments may be a little more difficult to secure for the regional passport offices in ME, so be sure to make a booking advance.
The opening hours for each Maine Passport facility will vary greatly, however all passport acceptance agent office locations are generally closed on public holiday.
Click on links below to locate you nearest Maine Passport Location.
All Maine Passport Offices (68 Locations across 16 Counties):
- Androscoggin County Passport Office
- Aroostook County Passport Office
- Cumberland County ME Passport Office
- Franklin County ME Passport Office
- Hancock County ME Passport Office
- Kennebec County Passport Office
- Knox County ME Passport Office
- Lincoln County ME Passport Office
- Oxford County Passport Office
- Penobscot County Passport Office
- Piscataquis County Passport Office
- Sagadahoc County Passport Office
- Somerset County ME Passport Office
- Waldo County Passport Office
- Washington County ME Passport Office
- York County ME Passport Office
Find out more about Maine